Zelenskyy Dismisses Head of the Presidential Office, Announces New Negotiating Team
President Volodymyr Zelenskyy dismissed the Head of the Presidential Office Andriy Yermak and announced the new team of Ukrainian negotiators.
The Gaze reports on it, referring to various media sources.
The President signed Decree No. 868/2025 on the dismissal of Andriy Yermak, who had previously submitted his resignation.
Zelenskyy thanked Yermak for his work in the negotiations and stressed that he wanted to avoid “rumors and speculation.” The Head of State noted that tomorrow he will hold consultations on the candidacy of the new Head of the Presidential Administration.
After Yermak's dismissal, Zelenskyy said that Ukraine will be represented at the upcoming peace talks by Chief of the General Staff Andriy Hnatov, representatives of the Foreign Ministry and intelligence services, as well as Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Rustem Umerov.
The President stressed that in the context of the war, the country must remain internally united and strong. According to him, meetings with the American side are expected in the near future.
Andriy Yermak had held the position of head of the Presidential Office since February 11, 2020. Prior to that, he had been an assistant to the President of Ukraine since May 2019, a member of the supervisory board of Ukroboronprom, and had been involved in legal practice and public activities for many years.
On November 22, 2025, Zelenskyy signed a decree appointing Yermak to head the Ukrainian delegation in negotiations with the US and other partners.
On the day of his dismissal, the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU) and the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor's Office (SAPO) conducted investigations at Yermak's residence and the Office of the President, the details of which have not yet been disclosed.
The context for the situation was Yermak's mention in the so-called “Mindich tapes” related to a corruption scandal in the energy sector. People's Deputy Yaroslav Zheleznyak claims that under the pseudonym “Ali Baba,” he allegedly gave orders to put pressure on anti-corruption agencies.
NABU Director Semen Kryvonos refused to confirm or deny this information. Against the backdrop of the scandal, the Servant of the People faction made statements that the resignation of the head of the Presidential Office was a logical step.
The international reaction to the searches at Andriy Yermak's home and the personnel changes in Ukraine did not take long.
The European Commission stated that any investigative actions, in particular searches by NABU and SAPO, demonstrate the capacity and independence of anti-corruption agencies in Ukraine. EC spokesman Guillaume Mercier stressed that the fight against corruption is a central element of the European integration package and a key condition for EU accession.
"Our position is well known: any investigation shows that anti-corruption agencies are working and are authorized to operate in Ukraine," he said.
Brussels emphasized that it is important for Ukraine to demonstrate sustained efforts and adherence to the rule of law.
The US also reacted positively to the work of Ukrainian anti-corruption institutions. Republican Congressman Don Bacon noted that the searches of the former head of the Presidential Administration demonstrate the functioning of independent law enforcement agencies.
He sharply contrasted this with the situation in Russia: "Independent law enforcement and judiciary is working in Ukraine. This doesn’t happen in Russia. There, you get thrown out of high-rise windows."
Meanwhile, Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk, commenting on Yermak's resignation and other changes in the Office of the President, described the situation as a political crisis against the backdrop of active negotiations on the US “peace plan.”
He highlighted a complex combination of factors — chaos in the negotiations, internal dismissals in Kyiv, and renewed contacts between Orbán and Putin — which together form a dangerous backdrop for the region.
As The Gaze reported earlier, Ukraine and the United States have developed a new draft peace agreement with Russia consisting of 19 points, leaving the most sensitive issues for the consideration of Presidents Donald Trump and Volodymyr Zelenskyy.
Read more on The Gaze: What Could Security Guarantees for Ukraine Look Like?